newlib?: pow function can produce incorrect results.

Cary R. cygcary@yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 23:52:00 GMT 2007

I had some more time to look into this and when the
simple C program I mentioned earlier uses variables
like the other program, incorrect results are
produced. I have attached this C/C++ program. I
certainly don't understand what is going on. I would
have expected pow to be pass-by value which should
make the two calls identical from a system standpoint,
but the results imply something different. Any

Cary

http://mail.yahoo.com