Setup.exe Problems on Vista

Igor Peshansky pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 30 17:41:00 GMT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Michael D. Adams wrote:

> On 4/24/07, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> > Michael D. Adams wrote:
> <snip>

> > > Do you just want a 'cygcheck -c' or is there another option you'd
> > > like the output from?
> >
> > 'cygcheck -srv', attached, not included, please.
>
> Sorry for the delay in responding.  Here are the files with the
> output.  Let me know if there are any tweaks to how I run these that
> you would like to see (e.g. running setup.exe with C:\cygwin\bin
> already in the path, etc.).
>
> cygwin-510.txt: Fresh install with setup.exe version 2.510.
> C:\cygwin\bin is *not* added to the path beforehand.  Ran cygcheck from
> the windows cmd.exe in the C:\cygwin\bin directory.  Note that cygcheck
> also emits to stderr "'id' program not found" twice.  (Adding
> C:\cygwin\bin to the path while running cygcheck doesn't fix that
> message.)

Michael,

Can you also run one from a bash shell (invoking it explicitly as
/bin/cygcheck)?  Also, if you change the system PATH variable, you need to
restart cmd.exe, otherwise the changes won't be picked up.  If
c:\cygwin\bin is in the PATH as cmd.exe sees it, cygcheck should be able
to find 'id'.

> cygwin-562.txt: Same as cygwin-510.txt except that setup.exe version
> 2.562 was used.

BTW, the version of setup doesn't seem to matter much.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"...  -- Janis Joplin