display ps command line parameters

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 30 17:48:00 GMT 2007

Tony Richardson wrote:
> Andy <at> Jet-Net <Andy <at> jet-net.co.uk> writes:
>> In "ps -s" I get something like:
>>
>>  PID  TTY    STIME COMMAND
>> 1234  con 09:00:00 /path/program
>>
>> Is there a way of doing this through ps (or an alternative) in Cygwin?
>
> An alternative would be to parse /proc/PID/cmdline.  Arguments are
> separated by null bytes.

cat /proc/$pid/cmdline | xargs -0 echo

um... and since Cygwin has this information, doesn't this mean that 'ps'
is missing a feature that is standard to pretty much every other *nix
implementation of 'ps'? (I don't have a POSIX standard handy, but I
wonder if this is an unnecessary POSIX violation?)

--
Matthew
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly