Request for running a test application

Carlo Florendo subscribermail@gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:22:00 GMT 2007

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a request for help.  I need as much different information I can
> get.  To get this information, I'm asking all of you to run the attached
> test application and return the printed output as reply to this mail.
>
> Just please don't send information which is already available.
>
> The test application is a rewritten version of the GetVolInfo source
> code which I have already send once or twice.  A bit of information has
> been added and that's what I'm especially interested in.
>
> To build the application call:
>
>   gcc -o getvolinfo getvolinfo.c -lntdll
>
> To run the application, simply call it with a POSIX or DOS path to any
> existing file on a filesystem, which you have permissions to access.
> The simplest method is to access the drives directly.  For instance, if
> you have a drive c and a drive d, just call
>
>   ./getvolinfo C:
>   ./getvolinfo D:

My Drive H: is a Reiserfs system on Linux mounted via windows.  The Linux
machine runs an old samba 3.0.4   If you've got this already, apologies.  I
wasn't so clear on what you meant with having tested it on Samba.

Here are the details:

Carlo@thorin /cygdrive/h
$ /cygdrive/e/getvolinfo.exe  h:
Device Type        : 7
Characteristics    : 10
Volume Name        : <msdn>
Serial Number      : 34800235
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
Flags              : b
   FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
   FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
   FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : FALSE
   FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
   FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
   FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : FALSE
   FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : FALSE
   FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
   FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
   FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
   FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
   FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
   FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : FALSE
   FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
   FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
   FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City