LSA Authentication Packages

Jeff Bromberger bromberger@cox.net
Fri Aug 10 18:45:00 GMT 2007

Hello Corinna,

I found a post you made in late 2006 about the authentication package
you created.  I have created a very simple "dummy" auth package to do
some testing (for my own project, this is unrelated to cygwin).  I
install it by listing it after msv1_0 in the registry. One thing that is
confusing is that LSA calls my LsaApLogonTerminate function a couple of
times right at the end of boot up, even though I have never received a
call to LsaApLogonUser.  I get a call to LsaApInitializePackage and
return success.  Then a few seconds later I get called into
LsaApLogonTerminate.  My first platform to test on was server 2003 x64.
I received these terminate calls on that platform, but it didn't seem to
cause any problems there.  But now I am trying it on server 2003 32-bit
and LSA causes an exception immediately after calling my
LsaApLogonTerminate Function.  My function does nothing, just like
yours, so I was curious if you ever ran into this problem or had any
idea why it might be happening.

Thank you for your time!
Jeff