Error when attempting to start inetd

Michael Grand mjgrand@ifthensoftware.net
Wed Aug 15 10:36:00 GMT 2007

René Berber wrote:

> Probably your firewall is blocking any communication.

I have tried this with the firewall turned off, and I still cannot connect.
The port is in the allow list, so it should work anyways.  Would AVG or
SpySweeper block the pop3 and imap ports?  Exim appears to work fine, and I
rather doubt that the previously named programs would not block smtp as
well.

> I don't get any log output from inetd, so this is strange (and TBird is
> opening
> and closing several connections all the time, imapd does send some output
> syslogd).

I added -d (debugging) to the arguments list in the hopes that it would
yield further information on the problem.

> Since I assume /usr/sbin/uw-imapd.exe does exist (no need to put the
> .exe), I
> have no idea what is wrong, perhaps "C:\Cygwin\bin" is not on your global
> (Windows) PATH and the required libraries (.dll) can't be found.

PATH has "c:\cygwin\bin" in it.