sshd and vista / business

Jim Kleckner jek-cygwin2@kleckner.net
Tue Aug 28 05:41:00 GMT 2007

I've had various luck with getting sshd working with Vista.
Today, it was working for a while and then after some patch
updates stopped.  Nothing seems to want to get it working again.

I verified passwd and groups are identical to the output of mkpasswd
and mkgroup.  I verified that all directories are readable by
sshd_server (priv sep and) up to .ssh and that .ssh is not writeable.
I made sure that /var/empty is readable by sshd_server and not writeable
by others.  Made sure that /var/log/sshd.log is writeable by sshd_server.

I confirmed in the registry that CYGWIN is set to "ntsec binmode tty".
I tried rebaseall and turning off every service that seemed optional.
I confirmed that there is no logitech web cam.

What have I missed?

Thanks - Jim

ssh -v -v -v localhost
OpenSSH_4.6p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/jkleckner/.ssh/config
debug1: /home/jkleckner/.ssh/config line 1: Deprecated option
"FallBackToRsh"
debug1: /home/jkleckner/.ssh/config line 3: Deprecated option "UseRsh"
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to localhost [127.0.0.1] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/jkleckner/.ssh/identity type 0
debug1: identity file /home/jkleckner/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/jkleckner/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
ssh_exchange_identification: read: Software caused connection abort