Wish Setup would accept my Perl

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Dec 11 12:41:00 GMT 2007

On 11 December 2007 12:21, Michael Kairys wrote:

> To accomplish this I have put cygwin\bin on my Windows path. What is your
> opinion on that, please?

  A wholly excellent idea IMO :)

  You can run into the occasional confusion about PATH ordering where there are
utilities of the same name.  This generally happens with 'find.exe' and
'link.exe'.  Since the cmd.exe version of find is completely useless when
compared to grep, and since I only invoke link.exe from devstudio, I put the
cygwin bin dir at the start of my path and let it override windows tools.

    cheers,
      DaveK