GUI programs dont launch under correct user using ssh

Vivek Pathak vikky999@gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:18:00 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I installed cygwin according to instructions on the cygwin site to install
sshd on a windows XP machine (Win2).

Win2 is a member of a domain MyDomain.

I login via ssh to Win2 as MyDomain\Administrator and try to start outlook
using "cmd /c "OUTLOOK.EXE". I want Outlook to startup on Win2 machine. It
doesnt launch properly, I tried the check "Interact with desktop" in the
installed service but no luck.

If i do a "cmd /c "WHOAMI.EXE", it shows
NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM user instead of
MyDomain\Administrator although i logged in as MyDomain\Administrator and
this if the cause of all the trouble.

How do i ensure that the bash shell launched when i ssh to Win2 launches as
usre MyDomain\Administrator

thanks
Vivek