Squid use and configuration on cygwin

Kevin Hilton kevhilton@gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 17:30:00 GMT 2007

Lets see to all you geniuses out there, what part of my original
letter did I not clearly express myself:

Are there any good guides to getting squid up and running on cygwin.
The official squid documentation keeps talking of a Cygwin users
guide, however I cant find any link to this guide.  Im attempting to
setup the squid version that comes with the cygwin distribution.  Do I
have to create a nobody account?

Im still looking for a guide for cygwin.  Ive read all the various
readme files and still unable to compile from svn.  I think in my
original post my intention was explicitly clear.  When I perform all
the instructions as listed here and things do not work:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CompilingSquid#head-98bbe5f38d8831a038d52dda1cb901e10eb08373

Where else am I to ask for help??  Obviously not in the cygwin forum.

  Being an ass about it will not resolve the situation, although it
might make you
feel better.

Thanks for the foul language -- you are a man among men!