Eliminating -mno-cygwin from gcc.

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 5 16:10:00 GMT 2007

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> The discussion has been to augment 'setup.exe' in a way as to provide users
> with feedback about "important" package changes in general.  It has come up
> in the context of the gcc change but would have to apply generally.
> "Important" would be defined by the maintainer by some mechanism.
> Presumably, every release of package 'foo' does not trigger the "important"
> flag. ;-)

Hmm, there might be a catch-22 here. How do we force people to update
their setup.exe?

(What about a change that does not affect setup.exe itself? Maybe a
package that most things depend on that allows a post-install script to
display a dialog? Or was that the plan already?)

--
Matthew
This message is non-smoking