Lost support for baud rate of 230400 after minor Cygwin upgrade

Fri Feb 16 04:27:00 GMT 2007

David le Comte wrote:
> Brian Ford wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, David le Comte wrote:
>>

>>> Note that using stty -F /dev/comX where X is the "Comm port number"
>>> still works, ie it can still set the baud rate to 230400 (or even
>>> 250000).
>>>

>> Sorry, but note also that if you are going to use Posix style termio
>> calls, you need to use the Posix device name (/dev/ttySx).
>>

> Are you sure Brian?  I am running Cygwin on WinXP, and using stty on
> /dev/ttyX fails,
> whereas on /dev/comX  it works (where X is valid of course).
>
> Similarly open("/dev/ttyX",O_RDWR) returns -1, but returns a valid file
> ID with open("/dev/comX",O_RDWR).
>
> My understanding is, that on a PC, psuedo-device files of the form
> "/dev/ttyX" do not exist?

What gave you that idea?

$ ls /dev/tty1
/dev/tty1

But Brian suggested using /dev/ttySx (i.e. '/dev/ttyS0').  These
are supported.

$ ls /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0

See <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html>