screen

Christopher Layne clayne@anodized.com
Sun Feb 18 16:29:00 GMT 2007

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 04:14:06PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:01:23PM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> >> And, just in case you're wondering if I am going to volunteer to help you
> >> track down problems - I'm not.  So, maybe anyone who wants screen should
> >> volunteer to help.
> >
> >No, that was not my intention.  I was trying to be courteous.  But that's a
> >two-way street.  Forget it, I won't bother next time.
>
> Since you were pinging me and since (on rereading) you were consistently
> asking for help, I don't think it was a huge leap for me to surmise that
> you might be wanting my help debugging problems.  By stating my
> intentions, I wanted to make it clear that someone else needs to step
> in.
>
> cgf

You know this kind of things just shuts people off and turns them away right?
People are trying to make progress, trying to make things better, and they're
basically being told to go away. If he could do it himself, I'm sure he would
have solved the issue by now. If he can't, perhaps he needs the help. I don't
see what's so groundbreaking about "I'm not going to be able to help you with
it now as I'm too busy, but perhaps throw the idea out there along with your
observations and see who else bites." Is that somehow worse than "Look, I don't
have the time to help you track down problems, find someone else." ?

-cl