screen [ping cgf]

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epa.gov
Mon Feb 19 20:37:00 GMT 2007

> At 16-2-2007 22:38, Frank Fesevur wrote:
> > I have just tried it and so far it works for me. Although I must admit I
> > have only used it very limited. But a colleague just mailed that he
> > could not detach/retach :-S
>
> This detach/retach problem seems to be caused by an incomplete uninstall
> of an older test version. After upgrading to the latest cygwin dll
> version and making sure he was running your latest build of screen, it
> seems to work fine now.

Excellent!  I'll keep on hoping for the best on that problem.  The
detach/retach problem persisted for years.  I looked at it for a while but
it was way beyond my skill to fix, and no one ever did fix it as such, i.e.
there was never a patch offered to fix it.  But AFAICT it's fixed now,
presumably because of improvements in the Cygwin DLL.