Full install hangs at gnome-vfs2.sh during install, gconftool-2 running/hung

Web Clark (RR) webclark@rochester.rr.com
Tue Feb 20 01:28:00 GMT 2007

"All" downloaded without install on Feb 15, 2007.

Installation attempt of "All" on Windows XP Pro on a P4 laptop hangs
when it gets to the post-install script gnome-vfs2.sh.  There is a
single instance of gconftool-2.exe "running".  CPU, disk, and network
are dead idle.  After 10 minutes, hit "cancel" and the installer exits,
telling me that the installation is complete.  This leaves many cygwin
related tasks running.  Not knowing the task structure of either cygwin
nor (especially) Windows XP, I reboot to kill them off.

Deleted everything installed (c:\cygwin) and retried three times with
identical results.

---
Tried same install with a download I make on October 27, 2005 installs
and works fine, first time (This is the version I was using until last
Friday).

I would like to capture a "good" copy of the cygwin installation archive
on CD for off-line use (as I did on October of 2005).  How can I tell
when this is fixed?

Thanks.