cygwin and svn on Windows Vista

Andy Wu andy.wu@gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:54:00 GMT 2007

When I try to do a checkout or export from a svn repository, I get the
following error message:

> svn checkout svn+ssh://[path]/[to]/[repository]
11 [main] svn 1472 child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed,
0x317000..0x3170B0, done 0, windows pid 3628, Win32 error 487
svn: Can't create tunnel: Resource temporarily unavailable

This seems to be happening only on Vista (darn Microsoft), and so
command line svn doesn't seem to be working in cygwin. I'm on the
latest cygwin 1.5.24-1 and the svn version is 1.4.2.

I know that Vista is actually not yet supported, but I figure I'd give
a holler to see if I could get some help with this error. I've been
using svn in cygwin as opposed to one of those other svn front-ends
since forever, and I'd like to know how to get it working again.

Thanks in advance.

- awu