cygwin and svn on Windows Vista

Benoit Miller benoit.miller@gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 01:31:00 GMT 2007

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 21 00:54, Andy Wu wrote:
>> When I try to do a checkout or export from a svn repository, I get the
>> following error message:
>>
>>> svn checkout svn+ssh://[path]/[to]/[repository]
>> 11 [main] svn 1472 child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed,
>> 0x317000..0x3170B0, done 0, windows pid 3628, Win32 error 487
>> svn: Can't create tunnel: Resource temporarily unavailable
>>
>> This seems to be happening only on Vista (darn Microsoft), and so
>> command line svn doesn't seem to be working in cygwin. I'm on the
>> latest cygwin 1.5.24-1 and the svn version is 1.4.2.
>>
>> I know that Vista is actually not yet supported,
>
> Cygwin runs on Vista and it's supported.  Did you try rebasing?
> See /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/rebase-2.4.3.README

Svn command-line (1.4.2 r22196) seems to work just fine for me in Cygwin
on Vista.

In my case I /did/ rebaseall to 0x65000000 when trying to solve an
unrelated problem however (it was due to an old cygwin1.dll from a crap
installer in \windows\system).

Does it happen only when doing a checkout or export from an ssh repository?

Ben.