Strange message from updatedb

Phil Edwards phil.m.edwards@gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 22:35:00 GMT 2007

Eric Blake:
>> /usr/bin/find: /c/System Volume Information: Permission denied
>
>Not a problem - you can't find details about certain in-use system files.

I don't think that was the question.  If you note at the end of his
message, he gives the command invocation, which included that string in
--prunepaths.  That is, it's not the "permission denied" that's raising
issues, but rather that the exact string passed to --prunepaths is still
being searched.  (I believe he escaped the space characters but I could
be misremembering.)

Likewise for some of the other paths in the report.  They should already
be discarded via --prunepaths, but they're being searched anyhow, producing
various secondary errors.

-phil