Cygwin not functioning on laptop

Tue Jan 2 03:25:00 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 03:35:30AM +0200, std05073@di.uoa.gr wrote:
>After some research on what my services actually do on
>http://www.processlibrary.com/, I disabled some of them and now after
>13 installations and 8 horrible days without being able to programme my
>cygwin fully works!

So, just in case this isn't clear, your problem didn't require any
reinstallations.  It required research.

That is the case 99% of the time but the Windows superstition is that
reinstallation will somehow solve problems.  While it may be vaguely
possible that a wipe and reinstallation will act as a brute force fix
for some cygwin setup.exe installation problem, most of the time you
should be able to solve problems without repeated installations.

cgf