Win32 error 998

James Whitwell jams@momento.com.au
Mon Jan 15 00:19:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

A client of ours gets the following error, regardless of what command he
types into bash.

bash-3.2$ ls
4260929 [main] bash 3288 child_copy: stack write copy failed,
0x22C3B0..0x230000
, done 1608, windows pid 2278084, Win32 error 998
4266844 [main] bash 3288 fork: child 3560 - pid 3560, exitval 0x1, errno 11
bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash-3.2$

He's uninstalled cygwin, rebooted, then reinstalled, with no luck.  It
was working for him up until yesterday, and then starting doing this for
everything.  I did some searching on "Win32 error 998" and it suggested
using Dependency Walker to see what DLLs are/aren't loading, but I
thought an uninstall and reinstall should fix any permission problems on
the DLLs.  Any clues as to what's going on?

Thanks,
 James.