Cygwin Python/PIL TCL/TK fork rebase solution

Robin Walker rdhw@cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 16 18:24:00 GMT 2007

--On 16 January 2007 10:09 -0800 Ross Patterson wrote:

> This has been an illuminating discussion and has given a lot more
> detail to what I already understood about the rebase/fork issue.
>
> I'd still like to understand how one chooses base address and offset
> values for rebase, seeing as I was just shooting in the dark until
> something said "OWW!"

"Process Explorer" from
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx> allows you to
view all the DLLs of a process and their preferred and actual base
addresses.  So if you have a running Cygwin process, Process Explorer can
at least give you a hint where there are gaps in its address space.

--
Robin Walker (Junior Bursar), Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET, UK
rdhw@cam.ac.uk  http://www.queens.cam.ac.uk/  Tel:+44 1223 335528