file descriptiors

Wynfield Henman wynfield@gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 07:38:00 GMT 2007

Thanks Eric.

I am trying to build the source for libassuan found in libassuan-1.0.1.tar.bz2.

configure and make work file.

But, "make check" gives me the following information.

...Entering directory `/usr/src/assuan/libassuan-1.0.1/tests'
fdpassing[3648.4] DBG: -> OK Pleased to meet you
fdpassing[3648.4] DBG: <- # descriptor 4 is in flight
fdpassing[3648.4] DBG: <- INPUT FD
fdpassing[3648]: no pending file descriptors!
fdpassing[3648.4] DBG: -> ERR 101 server fault (general error)
fdpassing[3296]: sending INPUT FD failed: server fault
fdpassing[3648.4] DBG: <- BYE
fdpassing[3648.4] DBG: -> OK closing connection
FAIL: fdpassing

Which leads me to suspect that file descriptors are related to the problem.

And I was wondering if anyone has done this before and found a
solution or workaround.

Thanks