plans for PIL installer?

Mon Jan 29 20:21:00 GMT 2007

Mark Wendell wrote:
> Just curious to know if anyone is planning on creating a python
> imaging library install for cygwin setup...
>
> I found an old thread where someone discusses the steps he went
> through to do this a while ago (
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-06/msg01121.html ), but it seems
> like these are some pretty involved and error-prone procedures for
> casual users to follow.

I don't recall anybody posting an ITP for this, though I may have
forgotten it in the last 3+ years. ;-)  If you or anyone else is
interested, I recommend reading:

   <http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html>

It has all the details of the process to get a new package included in
the Cygwin distribution.

Holliston, MA 01746