Relative vs. Absolute path problem

Patrick Herbst paherbst@gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:13:00 GMT 2007

from your home directory ../../../ = one level up from the cygwin root.

for example... if home is c:\cygwin\home\user then that relative path
would put you at c:\

the root (/) for cygwin is actually the cygwin directory (c:\cygwin)

if you're trying to get just on your c:\ you have to specify it as /cygdrive/c/