Perl documentation inaccessible via 'perldoc'.

Sisyphus sisyphus1@optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 5 09:15:00 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Schulman" <schulman.andrew@epa.gov>
.
>  I wonder, do you have TMPDIR set?  Try setting it, e.g.
>
> export TMPDIR=/tmp/Rob

Yep - that fixes it. Both TEMP and TMP were set, but not TMPDIR.

How do I make that alteration a permanent fixture, so that I don't have to
do it every time I open a new shell ? I tried editing etc/profile (in
wordpad), but only succeeded in stuffing up the line endings - and had to
replace that file with a copy of the backup from etc/defaults/etc/profile.

Thanks Andrew.

Cheers,
Rob