Problem with setup.exe

David Kastrup dak@gnu.org
Fri Jul 6 11:52:00 GMT 2007

cuicui <cuicui.oizo@free.fr> writes:

> David Kastrup a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have downloaded and non-installed a number of packages.  Now I call
>> setup.exe in a batch file with
>>
>> setup -n -N -d -A -L -q -R %CYGWIN_HOME%
>>
>> and this works in that it installs what is cached in the local
>> directory, but!!! just the default minimal selection, not what I have
>> additionally selected and fetched using setup.exe.
>>
>> Since this is part of an automated installation procedure, this is
>> quite a nuisance.  Is there any way to tell setup.exe what else to
>> install when it _is_ already cached?
>
> Hi,
>
> Just add a "virtual" package in your setup.ini in the "Base" category
> that depends on the packages you need.
>
> I think there is no way to tell Cygwin to install "every packages in the
> local directory" on the command-line mode.
>
> Be careful, the setup.ini is erased with a fresh one each time you
> launch "install from internet".

Ok, I'll try to see whether I get this done.  Basically, is there a
problem with creating a complete fake setup.ini that just lists every
package I have downloaded as belonging to category Base, with no
dependencies?

If it will get overwritten when installing from internet, there would
not seem to be much of a problem, right?

--
David Kastrup