Installing an old version of a package

Patrcik Strasser patrick.strasser@tugraz.at
Fri Jul 6 14:50:00 GMT 2007

Hello!

I try to get python2.4 installed in my cygwin system, with no success.

I need python2.4, my package (GNU Radio) does not work well with
python2.5. I followed the directions at
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.old-versions
and got an old package from
http://ftp.univie.ac.at/packages/cygwin/release/python/
Now I'n not quite shure how to install this package. I put it in my
local package directory in the same directory as the current version
(some 2.5.x), but I could not select it in the package list of setup.exe.

Of course I could untar the file and put the files by hand in place, but
I guess all the post-inst-script magic is missing then and I'll get in
big trouble.

Can anyone give me a hint how to install this package in a cygwin style?
Any command line tool like dpkg or rpm for this?

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>