vista rsh problem

goetz fischer g.fischer@ah-online.com
Mon Jul 9 17:39:00 GMT 2007

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul  9 19:10, goetz fischer wrote:
>
>> okay so once again:
>>
>> i have vista with cygwin (current snap) and the command 'rsh
>> <server_ip>' causes the prompt to hang forever.
>> it works with cygwin on xp so it should be a vista issue.
>> i posted the server info already some days ago as well as the cygcheck
>> output.
>>

> You're telling that you tested this on XP for the first time now.
well i used the rsh server with about 8 different platforms and it
worked with all but vista/cygwin.
>   You
> didn't mentioned the server OS anywhere in this thread.
i did. look again.
>   We only know
> it's not Cygwin and it's not Linux but some sort of "real" unix(*) which
> apparently doesn't use PAM.  You didn't tell if you tried anything to
> diagnose the problem further.
i did. i've send the cygcheck output with my first mail.
>   You did not mention if you ever tested it
> in other scenarios, like a Cygwin -> Linux or a Cygwin -> Cygwin
> connection or between XP->Vista and Vista->XP, etc.
well as i wrote the server is always the same and it worked with
whatever i tried except vista/cygwin
>   You didn't reply to
> Dave's question about any specific software on the Vista machine.

yes, i did.
> There's just the bare fact "it hangs in this one instance".  Do you
> really think a bug report is useful with all that guesswork left?

see above.
not my fault if you missed so much.
> Apart from that, I have only Cygwin and Linux ready for testing and
> debugging.  If you use any other OS, you will have to debug this problem
> by yourself.
okay, how?
i don't get any kind of output at all

--