hacked package on server

Louis Kruger lpkruger@cs.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 16 18:57:00 GMT 2007

> > As the package installed, I saw some strange behavior, I'm worried it
> > might have been some kind of trojan.
>
>   Are you able to actually describe "strange behaviour"

It crashed the setup program, which seemed to indicate it was installing
strangely named files.  It also corrupted the cygwin package directory.
I could not run the setup program again even using a different mirror
until I cleaned out the file /etc/setup/vim.lst.gz.  Your evidence seems
to indicate that it is simple corruption rather than tampering.  I am
pleased to see that.

Louis