hacked package on server

Carlo Florendo subscribermail@gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 02:01:00 GMT 2007

Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Carlo Florendo wrote:
>> Brian Mathis wrote:
>> The OP said:
>>
>>  > "Do you want to skip the package?" and has a yes and no button.
>>  > I read it quickly and pressed no before thinking about it"
>>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> So you see, it's a problem of thought.  The UI message *is* very clear.
>>
>> One simply needs to think before acting.
>>
> the message is clear.
>
> The user answers that he wants to install.
>
> As I understand this threat, the message is misleading in this case.

It's not.

> I noticed this many times with the installer. A person who knows the
> installer, can give the proper answer. A normal user will answer the
> question as he understands it using plain English.

What's the difference between a proper answer and an answer from someone
who "understands it using plain English?"

> Do you want to skip the package?
>
> No!

Precisely.  That's why the question was asked.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City