1.5.24: unhandled exception on cygwin setup

Andreas Baak baak@cs.uni-bonn.de
Wed Jul 25 10:08:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

About a year ago I hat a working installation of cygwin on my computer.
However, I deleted this installation and wanted to do a clean cygwin
reinstall.

I used the current Setup.exe version 2.573.2.2 with Windows XP
Professional. I installed to c:\cygwin and downloaded all packages from
the internet. I didn't touch the package selection. Everything was left
to the defaults.

The installation ran fine until it came to installing
/etc/postinstall/terminfo.sh.
It produced an exception: "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in
bash.exe[268]". This exception popped up on every .sh that should be
executed by the setup routine. The same exception popped up when I click
on the cywgin-shortcuts.

Running "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" fails with an unhandled win32
exception in id.exe and in cygcheck.exe. The output file only contains
my windows path environment variable. Running "cygcheck -s -v -r" always
produces the exceptions but only sometimes produces a longer output on
the command line which I 'copy and paste'd into the attachment.

My attempts to fix the problem include deleting, re-downloading (using
different mirrors) and re-installing cygwin several times and rebooting
windows.

Maybe someone has an idea what goes wrong.

Regards,

Andreas