rysnc under cygwin hangs and doesn't clean up its processes - please help - cygwin 1.5.24-2,

Frank Fesevur ffes@users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 29 07:16:00 GMT 2007

At 29-7-2007 0:09, Joel Harrison wrote:
> Technical: rsync on cygwin always hangs. Works fine on CentOS. I've
> been looking into this issue for 5-10 hours so far.
>
> I can scp/ssh fine to the target with ssh keys installed or not, only
> rsync hangs. I read about piping issues in rsync on cygwin from years
> back, but it seems to me like perhaps they are not resolved? Just my
> hypothesis.

Searching the archives does give you the answer. It isn't a rsync, but a
cygwin1.dll problem:

Shouldn't this be on the FAQ page???

Regards,
Frank