1.5.24: shell commands randomly skipped

Lev Bishop lev.bishop@gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:36:00 GMT 2007

On 6/1/07, Nicolas Joyard <joyard.nicolas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm having a really weird issue with the last versions of Cygwin, I
> started seeing it with 1.5.21 (I didn't use every previous version,
> though, but it was not happening with 1.5.10) and it is still there
> with 1.5.24.
> I don't know where to look to find more information about this
> problem. Has anyone already seen it, or is there something else I
> could do to find out more ?

This is the part where we ask you to uninstall all the invasive
hooking type software you might have on your machine, such as
firewalls, on-access virus scanners, content indexers, etc. Basically
anything that might have to hook into the network stack or that might
want to get involved every time a file is accessed. Also logitech
webcam software for some bizarre reason, and all the other stuff on
DaveK's list of nasty software. I seem to remember problems just like
yours being caused by certain versions of Embassy Trusted Security or
whatever it's called.

You have to uninstall these programs - merely disabling them isn't
enough to remove their hooks.

Lev