replicating my cygwin install on a different machine

Jerome Fong jfong@successmetricsinc.com
Wed Jun 6 22:26:00 GMT 2007

Hi There,

I was wondering if there was a way to save and duplicate my cygwin
installation so I can replicate it on a different machine.  The idea is,
I have scripts and programs developed and tested on my cygwin install.
I want to be able to deploy everything that I am running on my machine.

I'm not sure if the setup.exe will get me what I want since older
versions of packages are not always readily available (dependent on the
server).  Also, I want to be able to provide the operations team with a
zip file or some kind of installation package to replicate on each
server.   The idea is to avoid  new downloads and use what I have until
I need to upgrade.

thanks,

Jerome