Certain files in the system32 directory are not listed

John Cooper john.cooper@eu.citrix.com
Thu Jun 7 11:13:00 GMT 2007

Some files that exist in the C:/WINDOWS/system32 directory are not
listed when running `ls' or `echo' from a cygwin bash or zsh shell.
Examples include mstsc.exe and iisapp.vbs.

These files are both listed when running 'dir' in a Windows cmd prompt -
they also do not seem to be "hidden" according to `attrib' and `dir /a'.

Cygwin `ls' lists 1757 files in this directory whereas cmd's `dir' lists
1804.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I'm running on Windows Server 2003 SP1 (x64) and appear to have Cygwin
1.5.24-2.
(could that fact that I'm using x64 be contributing to the problem?)

Thanks,

    --- John