[bug?] Using apps with advanced UI via SSH

yitzle yitzle@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 7 20:08:00 GMT 2007

On 6/7/07, Rafal Milecki <zajec5@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use "ntsec tty" in both CYGWIN: env variable and ssh configuration.
>
> When I connect to my system using ssh and execute "edit.com53" nothing
> happens. I checked this on two Windows XP. When I connect to this same
> system using RDP, open Cygwin's console and the execute "edit.com54" - I
> can see editor.
>
> So I looks like Cygwin's ssh doesn't support applications with user
> interface. Is this bug? Should I report this to someone, or mailing
> this list is enought?
>
> --
> Rafał Miłecki

When I ssh into a Linux server (or two, actually), I have no
difficulty running pico, nano or vim, which are the standard Linux
terminal editors. (I did not try emacs, and won't until I know ahead
of time how to quit. vim was painful enough.)