dll link error using Cygwin gcc

Harold Mills harold.mills@novaspeech.com
Wed Jun 13 18:45:00 GMT 2007

As Dave Korn and Brian Dessent both pointed out, my problem was that gcc was
compiling Hello.c with the default cdecl calling convention, but the library
I wanted to link to uses the stdcall convention. Adding __stdcall to the
function declarations in the header file eci.h fixed the problem. Dave
suggested using the --enable-stdcall-fixup link option, which from the ld
documentation did seem like it would do the trick, but I couldn't get it to
work. I specified it to gcc as -Wl,--enable-stdcall-fixup, but still got the
"undefined reference" error message.

Cheers,

    Harold Mills