mysql.so: Permission denied (Ruby under Cygwin)

Ronald Fischer ronald.fischer@venyon.com
Mon Jun 18 13:10:00 GMT 2007

There is none. I was told by Ruby-Talk people that I should use the
Windows
gem - it would work fine.

> > > Have you checked the library
> > > dependencies of mysql.so?

This is funny: Although ls shows that mysql.so exists in $PWD, I get

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7.3-mswin32/ext $ cygcheck mysql.so
Error: could not find mysql.so

But at least it works when I supply a path:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7.3-mswin32/ext $ cygcheck
./mysql.so
.\mysql.so
  c:\ruby185\bin\msvcrt-ruby18.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2_32.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2HELP.dll
  c:\Programme\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\LIBMYSQL.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\WSOCK32.dll

So this seems to look well, doesn't it?

Ronald