mysql.so: Permission denied (Ruby under Cygwin)

Ronald Fischer ronald.fischer@venyon.com
Mon Jun 18 13:49:00 GMT 2007

> Indeed, ugh.  Who told you that, some random guy on ruby-talk or
> somebody who actually knows what (s)he's talking about?

Someone at Ruby-Talk. I had a thread running last month under the
Subject
"gem under cygwin - is it supposed to work?", because I already had
different
problems with using the Windows gem under Cygwin. I then got as an
advice to
use under cygwin "gem install -r" (I had left out the -r option before),
so I assumed that, if I only get the options right, I can safely use the
Windows gem for Cygwin too....

Ronald