using chere

Paul Mallas pmallas@rsmas.miami.edu
Thu Jun 21 14:35:00 GMT 2007

I had a similar problem with chere and xterm.

Chere edits your Windows registry file. It added this to my registry:

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe C:\cygwin\bin\xterm.exe -e /bin/xhere
/bin/bash.exe "%L"

This sits in the registry at
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Directory/shell/cygwin_bash/command

I added -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 to the command line:

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe C:\cygwin\bin\xterm.exe -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 -e
/bin/xhere /bin/bash.exe "%L"

and it works fine for me now.

Since we are on the topic - is there a way to do something similar
inside an open windows folder rather than from the folder icon?  I would
find that much more convenient.