getting emacs in cygwin

Wynfield Henman wynfield@gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:25:00 GMT 2007

Larry,
  I tried using "run.exe" as you suggested in "cygwin.bat" but it does
not work.  The issue is not emacs, but the initial login terminal.

Besides I don't see that it does emacs any good at all
(1) it causes emacs to fail in a std tty window. and
(2) from an x-window it doesn't do anything that > emacs & doesn't do.
in an x-window. In this case its no relation to cmd.exe

Regards