noweb under cygwin

Francky Leyn Francky@Leyn.eu
Thu Jun 28 07:58:00 GMT 2007

Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Francky Leyn on 6/25/2007 2:27 AM:
>
>> Dear,
>>
>> I'm a user of the literate programming tool noweb
>> (http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~nr/noweb/intro.html).
>> It's a pitty this program isn't included in the cygwin
>> distribution.
>>
>> Could you please consider to take up the program
>> suite in the cygwin distribution?
>>

> Since you want it so much, why don't you volunteer to become the cygwin
> maintainer?  http://cygwin.com/setup.html

As told in a previous mail, I don't start with this because I know it will
be to difficult for me and I won't be able to finish it succesfully.
noweb uses a plethora of scripting languages and porting all these can be
problematic for an unexperienced. This is a drawback for me, but perhaps
just a real challenge for an experienced maintainer.

Has someone already volunteered to take up the noweb program suite in
the cygwin distribution?

Regards,

Francky