How to convert 3gp files?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu Mar 1 21:47:00 GMT 2007

3gp is just a special mp4 in the container format avi and low
resolution audio and video, so after adding .avi it should play in
Windows Media Player natively.
The sound usually uses a weird AAC derivate codec (3GPP AAC+), which
Windows Media Player will most likely try to download.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3gp

2007/3/1, Morten Kjarulff <MKJ@dk.ibm.com>:
> I just copied a video from my new LG phone. Extension of the file is 3GP.
> It is easy to google a converter, but does there exist a cygwin package
> that can convert a 3GP file, so I can play it with "Windows Media Player"?

No. But there exist converters like http://mediacoder.sf.net which use
cygwin packages.
mplayer/mencoder and ffmpeg should understand that also.
--
Reini