script problem

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Mar 2 00:48:00 GMT 2007

Asher Vilensky wrote:
> I'm running my Xcygwin on Windows XP. I have an xterm open
> automatically when I start the machine. The problem is when I'm
> shutting the machine down. It's giving me the window of "end program
> now". I think it's waiting for XWin to die. I can see a message about
> it in the title bar of the "End Now" dialog box. When I look at the
> task manager I can see XWin.exe running.  The question is how to cause
> this program to die when I order the
> machine to shutdown.
Stop XWin.exe? =-O

Just out of curiosity, why are you running a heavy process like X just
to run an xterm? Why not instead use something like Cygwin's rxvt (not
normally installed by default) which is a lot like xterm but does not
require a heavy X server to run?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.