/dev/null timing and clock skew problems

Aaron Gray angray@beeb.net
Fri Mar 2 21:34:00 GMT 2007

> Aaron Gray writes:
>
>> > The code for this is available in standard Make, but it isn't enabled
>> > in
>> > the current build on Cygwin. (The code can be found in remake.c, at
>> > line
>> > 1277. It's currently enabled if WINDOWS32 or __MSDOS__ is defined.)
>>
>> Is this just the three second clearance or something more substantial
>> that
>> will guarentee builds ?
>
> The #if statement starting on that line is just for the three second
> clearance.
> I use it on a local build of Make and it seems to work well.

The "<file> has modification time 0.0096 s in the future" were harmless.

But the "Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete." can possibly
indicate an incomplete build.
This seems to be a problem on my slower machine XP, but not on my newer
Vista one.

Were you getting clock skew problems too ?

I have not had time and head space to build make yet, I'll try it in the
morning.

Many thanks for the reply,

Aaron