Making sftp and ssh work on cygwin

Marielle Fois marielle.fois@buongiorno.com
Wed Mar 7 17:17:00 GMT 2007

Andrew Schulman wrote:

>>> Try adding -v or -vv to get some information about the protocol exchange,
>>> and where it's stopping.  You can probably also get some information from
>>> the ssh server logs.
>>>

>> Thanks for your quick answer, Andrew. I didn't get more information with
>> ssh or sftp using -v or -vv. I've also looked for logs under cygwin root
>> directory, but found none. Would you have any idea where these logs are
>> usually stored?
>>

> So you run sftp -vv user@host and get back... nothing?  That's odd.  Maybe a
> local firewall problem, so you can't even connect to the remote host?

I get back nothing, exactly. I tried disabling the Windows firewall, but
no change. I checked the sshd log in the remote host, and there is no
output at all when I try to connect through sftp or ssh. Btw, the sshd
is running on a Linux machine.

I can connect to a remote host from my machine using an ssh client and
with the firewall enabled. The communication is tunneled via vpn. Does
this information help?

--
Marielle Fois
Buongiorno SpA, www.buongiorno.com