[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-4.6p1-1: Problems!

Norton Allen allen@huarp.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 9 00:52:00 GMT 2007

Brian Dessent wrote:

>What kind of backwater system is this that doesn't have support for SSH
>v2?  Version 2 has been the default for many, many years, and version 1
>is very deprecated/insecure/etc.  Normally you shouldn't even have to
>specify the version, as the client should negotiate it with the server.

For what it's worth, I'm still running ssh v1 on a QNX4 system. I
recently tried to port OpenSSH, but found that it requires 64-bit
integer support in the compiler, and that didn't exist back then.