setup.exe crashes on WinXP SP2

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe@gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 06:46:00 GMT 2007

(kindly find the replies inline)

On 3/9/07, fergus <fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net> wrote:
>  >> Also, i could not find the setup.ini file ?
>  >> is it a requirement for setup.exe to run ?
>
> I don't really know why you didn't get setup.ini along with setup.exe
> and release/ when you ran wget. It should be colocated with the file
> setup.exe and the directory release/.

Oops..  i wgetted, starting from release/. Overlooked the setup.exe :(
. Also,since the setup.exe download on the homepage does not have an
ini, the thought that, i might be missing it never occurred to me.Will
try with the ini.

> But one thing I did not do was "crash". What do you actually mean by
> this word?

By crash i mean that, as soon as  i click 'Next' , a standard windows
error dialog box pops up,showing me that, an error has occurred etc..
Right now i'm on linux at work,so can't paste the details.

> Sometimes at the start of installation there are long pauses
> where nothing seems to be happening, not even disk spinning.
Its not that the setup is 'hung'; it fails.

Ready to post any other logs/system configuration if required...

TIA.

Best regards,
Pranav