Spurious [ANNOUNCEMENT]s

Vince Oliver vince@complex.elte.hu
Fri Mar 9 14:55:00 GMT 2007


Dear Allen,

I can not enter in any of this links (attachement) ... strange






On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Norton Allen wrote:

> Carlo Florendo wrote:
>> No. It does not look fine.
>> 
>> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-03/msg00286.html
>> 
>> Why does [ANNOUNCEMENT] keep getting added on the subject.
>> There is *something* wrong with your mailer. I've removed
>> it *again*.
>> 
>> And if you look closely at the contents of the above link,
>> your own message is quoted by your mailer.
>> 
>> There is *something* wrong with your mailer.
>> 
>> 
>
> These spurious [ANNOUNCEMENT] subjects seem to be popping up from a number of 
> people. It seems unlikely that they are all doing this intentionally (though 
> I agree the quoting must be a mailer problem.) I wonder if there isn't some 
> way the cygwin.com mailman installation sometimes gets confused and modifies 
> the subject line.
>
> Oliver, I don't suppose you have a copy of one of your messages in your Sent 
> folder that you could send along with full headers to show that it didn't 
> have an [ANNOUNCEMENT] subject when it left your machine?
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: cppasteScreen.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 138294 bytes
Desc: 
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20070309/bd1c1f17/attachment.jpg>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


More information about the Cygwin mailing list