sshd-started sessions don't see system environment?

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Tue Mar 13 23:15:00 GMT 2007


I have a very odd situation here on my Win2K3 box.

I have sshd set up, using privilege separation. I can log in as a local 
user, but the environment I see is not the same as the environment I see 
when I log in on the main desktop.

Specifically, several System environment variables are missing from the 
environment, though evidence of their having been expanded is there (my 
Path refers to %JAVA_HOME%, etc., and I can see the expanded value of 
JAVA_HOME in my %Path%, but JAVA_HOME itself is missing from the 
environment).

What am I missing here?

I've attached two cygcheck.outs (one from the ssh session, and one from 
my desktop; the desktop session is "OK" in that it has all the System 
environment vars, while the ssh session is missing several..)
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck.sshsession.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20070313/badc5c04/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck.desktop1.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20070313/badc5c04/attachment-0001.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


More information about the Cygwin mailing list